LET Reviewer in Professional Education
|LET Reviewer for Professional Education|
1. Honesty remains a value even if nobody in an organization values it. This pronouncement comes from the mouth of a (an) ___________.
2. I cannot help but recall the sister’s convent, which served as my boarding house in high school now that I am in a noisy boarding house. Which principle of association explains this?
3. Which Piagetian term refers to one’s inability to distinguish between one’s own perspective and someone else’s?
4. The use of multi- level materials enables a teacher to do.
c. application of lesson
d. differentiated instruction
5. Which process does not fall under extrapolation?
6. Which teaching technique develops creative thinking by the use of comparison and analogy?
7. Which is a typical characteristic of the adolescent?
a. Reasonable and secure
b. Feels intense emotions and sense of disequilibrium
c. Slow but steady physical growth
d. Passive and obedient
8. In which stage of development does the child’s group begin to exert a tremendous influence on the child’s attitudes and behavior?
a. Late childhood
b. late adolescence
c. Early adolescence
d. Middle childhood
9. Which is NOT an element of cooperative learning?
a. Positive interdependence
b. Group accountability for learning
c. Individual’s accountability for learning
d. Face to face interaction
10. The reading teacher stays 30 minutes daily after class and teaches the slow readers how to read. What is the practice called?
a. make- up class
b. enrichment activity
c. remedial instruction
d. development reading
11. Mrs. Ramos provided reading materials of varying levels of difficulty to the three groups of learners. Which principle is implemented by her action?
a. Focus on individual’s need to achieve
b. Help each student attain goals
c. Focus on student attention
d. Provide informative feedback
12. Using the principles of teaching as a guide, “describe how you would solve the following problem situation” is a simple thought question on _________
13. Which statement on IQ test is wrong?
a. It measures fixed potential.
b. It can be enriched by environmental experiences.
c. It measures current performance.
d. It can be advanced by maturational changes.
14. I use the gumamela to teach the parts of a complete flower. Later, the flowers will be studied in comparison to the gumamela. Which teaching method did I use?
a. Type- study
d. Problem Solving
15. When the teacher Michelle presents sets of data then asks the students to enter a conclusion, generalization or a pattern of relationship which method does she use?
c. Inductive inquiry
16. The claim of a benefactor to the gratitude of his protégé is an example of a ___________.
a. Acquired right
b. Perfect right
c. Imperfect right
d. Alienable right
17. The last year of pre- service education students is student teaching. Student teaching may be classified as ________.
b. Role Playing
d. Field trip
18. At ranged in order, the steps of the goal- oriented instructional model include.
a. Pre- assessment, specification of objectives, instruction, evaluation.
b. Pre- assessment, specification of objectives, motivation, instruction
c. Specification of objectives, instruction, pre- assessment, evaluation
d. Specification of objectives, pre- assessment, instructions, evaluation
19. A sufficient wait time can achieve the following EXCEPT___________ .
a. Provides time for teacher to evaluate the answers given
b. Decreases the amount of guessing or wrong interferences
c. Increases the number of correct responses
d. Discourages slow and fast thinking students to respond
20. As a naturalists, Jean Jacques Rousseau claimed that everyone is essentially good. This view can help the teacher best when __________.
a. knowing the students potentials
b. teaching the students some values
c. dealing with misbehaving students
d. help the fast learners in class
21. If we teach our students, to think creatively, what do we encourage them to do?
a. Do “outside- the box” thinking
b. To criticize the unreasonable
c. To question the illogical
d. Think “within the box”
22. A catalyst teacher is good at the following skills, EXCEPT
a. Requiring uniform reports.
b. Making effective use of cooperative learning techniques.
c. Executing inquiry teaching.
d. Asking thought- provoking questions.
23. What recent education development relates to perennialism?
a. Individualizing the learning experience and activities.
b. Suiting the strategies to the students’ learning style
c. Exercising the students higher order thinking skills (HOTS)
d. Having drills and rote activities that develop learning skills habits.
24. As a teacher you are a rationalist. Which among these will be your guiding principle?
a. I must teach the child so he is assured of heaven.
b. I must teach the child that we can never have real knowledge of anything.
c. I must teach the child to develop his metal powers to the full.
d. I must teach the child every knowledge, skill and the value that he needs for a better future.
25. Variance, standard deviation, and range are all measures of ________________.
d. Central Tendency
26. Which is a characteristic of a dyslexic child?
a. hard up in writing and spelling
b. attention- getter
c. out of focus
27. Writing an original essay is an example of which level of objective in the cognitive domain?
28. Which curricula were implemented immediately before the restructured Basic Education Curriculum?
a. NESC and NSEC
b. NSEC and 2-2 plan
c. NESC and 2-2 plan
d. PRODED and SEDP
29. Helping in the development of graduates who are “maka- diyos” is an influence of ___________.
a. situational morality
b. classical Christian morality
c. naturalistic morality
d. dialectical morality
30. Which principle was observed by Ausubel’s schema theory?
a. Teachers must presume that learners know everything
b. There is no need to provide background information
c. Children can be taught how to study
d. Learners have stock knowledge of things based on background information and experiences
31. Which term refers to the collections of student’s products and accomplishments for a period of evaluation purposes?
c. Observation report
d. Anecdotal record
32. Some of your students don’t seem to like you as a teacher. If you will regard situation on the level of the ego, what will you most likely think about it?
a. To hell with them
b. What wrong have I done to deserve this?
c. Why should I care if they me or not?
d. What is it about me that they do not like?
33. Which test is given to determine the admission or non- admission of the student to the program?
34. Which question demands the highest level of thinking?
a. How should you present a report in class?
b. Was the student reporting well done? Support you answer.
c. What steps they followed in class reporting
d. What conditions must be met for reporting method to be effective?
35. “The State shall protect and promote the right of all citizens to quality education at all levels”. Which government program is in support of this?
a. Primary schools for indigenous peoples
b. Deregulated tuition fee hike
c. Re- introduction of the NEAT and NSAT
d. Exclusion of children with special needs from the formal system
36. In Piaget’s concrete operational stage, what is it that a child CANNOT do?
a. Reasoning applied to specific example.
b. Doing mentally what was just physically done
c. Classifying objects into different sets
d. Imagining the steps necessary to complete an algebraic equation
37. Under what type of guidance service does the concern of schools to put students into their most appropriate courses fall?
a. Research service
b. Individual inventory service
c. Placement service
d. Information service
38. Which is an advantage of teacher- made tests over those standardized test?
a. highly reliable
b. better to the needs of the pupils
c. highly valid
d. more objectively scored
39. Which refers to the Filipino trait of practicing conflicting values in different venues and with different social groups?
a. Crab mentality
b. “Kanya- kanya” mentality
d. Existential intelligence
40. Student D says “bahala na” and braves the storm for a test. In this situation which is expressed by the students “bahala na”?
a. Lack of self- reliance
b. Willingness to take risks
c. Lack of foresight
41. Miss Cruz is teaching a three- year old boy how to put on his shirt. She might first reward him for placing his right arm in the right sleeve, then the left arm in the left sleeve, then buttoning the front of the shirt, then tucking the shirt into his pants. The technique is called.
42. According to Erikson’s theory, the child aged three to five is largely
b. ego- centric
43. Teacher B wants to check prior knowledge of his pupils about water pollution. She writes the main topic water pollution in the center of the chalkboard and encircles it. Then she asks the pupils to provide information that can be clustered around the main topic. Which technique did the teacher employ?
a. deductive teaching
c. Semantic mapping
44. Conducting follow up studies of graduates and drop out id guidance service that falls under.
a. individual inventory service
b. research service
c. counseling service
d. placement service
45. Teacher M helps pupils determine the pronunciation and meanings of words by analyzing roots, affixes, and derived forms. This process is called.
a. contextual attack
b. blending sounds
c. phonetic analysis
d. structural analysis
46. James, age 7, was removed from his class frequent fights with other children. He refused to be disciplined and was to focus in class only for a very short time. He has also frequent tantrums. He is suffering from.
a. Mental retardation
b. Down Syndrome
c. Attention - Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
d. Learning disability
47. The basic needs in the hierarchy of needs must be met so that learning will effectively take place. This expresses the theory of.
48. The first American teachers in the Philippines were
a. elementary graduates
b. graduates of the normal school
49. Which instructional aid requires pupils to verbalize?
50. Learning is enhanced when
a. the learner competes with his classmates
b. the teacher expresses his disappointment with low scores
c. the expectation of success is high
d. the learner is under stress and is challenged
Click the button below to get the correct answers to this set.