LET Reviewer in Professional Education
|LET Reviewer for Professional Education|
1. Which is a teaching approach for kindergarten that makes real world experiences of the child the focal point of educational stimulation?
a. Montessori approach
b. traditional approach
c. Eclectic approach
d. Situational approach
2. The use of mnemonics helps a pupils ___________ information.
3. Which program was adopted to provide universal access to basic education to eradicate illiteracy?
a. “Paaralan- sa- Bawat- Barangay”
b. Education for All
c. Values Education Framework
d. Science and Education Development Plan
4. Teacher Z instructs her class to refer to the dictionary in correcting their spelled words. Which particle is exemplified?
a. Curriculum indigenization
b. Computer- assisted instruction
c. Multi- level instruction
d. Self- evaluation
5. In res/earch, which is the dependent variable?
6. What is the mean of this score distribution: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10?
7. Which statement correctly applies to student who got a score of 72 in the test?
a. He surpassed the scores of 72 students
b. He correctly answered 72% of the items in the test
c. He obtained a raw score of 72
d. He answered only items in the test
8. Which measure (s) of central tendency can be determined by mere inspection?
d. Mode & Median
9. Teacher C adds the number of cases and 1 over 2 to obtain
c. median and mode
10. It is not wise to laugh at a two- year old child when he utters bad words because in his stage he is learning to:
a. Consider other’s views
b. Distinguish right and wrong
d. Distinguish sex differences
11. Mothers who demand their 3 to 5 children to spend their time in serious academic study forget that early childhood is the
a. questioning age
b. pre- school age
c. initiative age
d. toy age
12. Which refers to a single word or phrase that tells the computer to do something with a program or file?
a. Computer program
d. Computer language
13. To determine student’s entry knowledge and skills that test should be given?
14. What is the mode in the following score distribution: 96, 97, 98, 97, 93, 90, 89, 97, 81, and 80?
15. If a teacher is concerned with the development of student’s higher order thinking skills, his lesson objectives must go beyond.
16. Which statement on counseling is FALSE?
a. The ultimate goal of counseling is greater happiness on the part of the counselee.
b. For counseling to be successful, the counselee is willing to participate in the process.
c. The school counselor is primarily responsible for counseling
d. Counseling is the program that includes guidance.
17. A test item has a difficulty index of .81 and discrimination index of .13. What should the test constructor do?
a. Retain the item
b. Make it a bonus ite
c. Revise the item
d. Reject the item
18. Which is the final, indispensable component of a lesson plan?
19. For mastery of learning in a certain subject, which type of testing is appropriate?
a. Formative testing
b. Criterion reference testing
c. Aptitude testing
d. Norm reference testing
20. Which is NOT included in item analysis?
a. Determining the percentage equivalent of the cut off score
b. Identifying the highest score
c. Determining the cut off score
d. Determine the effectiveness of distracters
21. The first thing to do in constructing a periodic test is for a teacher to.
a. decide on the type of test to conduct
b. go back to her instructional objective
c. decide on the number of items for the test
d. study the content
22. The strengthening of liberal education which includes classical literature in the curriculum is based on the thought of the
23. Which statement of human right is CORRECT?
a. Human rights are unlimited.
b. Human right is a moral power not a physical power.
c. All human rights are inalienable.
d. Human right is might.
24. Which is an example of an alienable right?
a. Right to possess a house through inheritance
b. right to life
c. Right to alms
d. Right to marry
25. It is an area of philosophy which deals on the nature of knowledge and the best methods of teaching is
26. To occupy a government position, one has to pass an examination on Confucian thought. From whom did this influence come?
27. Who was a strong supporter of inclusive education and “education for all” concept?
d. Kung- fu- tsu
28. A son put a time bomb in the luggage of his mother who took it abroad a Philippine airline. The bomb exploded while the airplane was in flight killing the mother and forty other passengers. Although the motive of the criminal act was never revealed by the son, he aroused suspicion, when he named himself beneficiary to an insurance policy he had previously taken out on his mother’s life. Was the son accountable for the death of his mother and the other passengers?
a. Yes. He may have been directly interested only in the insurance money but directly as foreseen consequence, he willed the death for all passengers.
b. No. He did not directly the death of his mother and the other passengers.
c. No, if he refused to get the insurance money after the incident.
d. Yes, if he got the insurance money after the death.
29. Which software allows teachers and students to write, edit, and polish assignments and reports?
b. Word processing
30. To have a test with a wide coverage, power to test analytical thinking and ease of scoring. Which type should teachers use?
b. Short answer
c. Alternate response
d. Multiple choice
31. What does a conservative Filipino student experience when she migrates to the United States and witness for herself public display of affection?
b. Culture shock
c. Colonial mentality
32. In what way can teachers uphold the highest possible standards of quality education?
a. By working out undeserved promotions.
b. By putting down other professions to lift the status of teaching
c. Wearing expensive clothes to change people’s poor perception of teachers
d. By continually improving themselves personally and professionally
33. Which learning activity is most appropriate if teacher’s focus is attitudinal change?
a. Field trip
b. Role play
34. Which questioning practice promotes more class interaction?
a. Asking rhetorical questions.
b. Focusing on convergent actions.
c. Focusing in divergent questions.
d. Calling a student to answer before asking the question
35. Which holds true to norm- reference testing?
a. comparing individual’s performance to the average performance of a group
b. Determining tasks that reflect instructional objectives
c. Constructing test items in term of instructional objective
d. Identifying an acceptable level of mastery in advance
36. The mode of a score distribution is 25. This means that
a. twenty- five is the average of the score distribution.
b. twenty- five is the score that occurs least.
c. twenty- five (25) is the score that occurs most
d. there is no score of 25.
37. If a teacher gets the difference between the highest and lowest score, he obtains the ________
b. standard deviation
c. level of difficulty
38. Which one described the percentile rank of a given score?
a. The percent of cases of a distribution within the given score
b. The percent of cases of a distribution above the given score
c. The percent of cases of a distribution below and above a given score
d. The percent of cases of a distribution below the given score
39. To the rationalist, which is the highest faculty of a man?
40. The index of difficulty of a particular test is .10. What does this mean? My student’s ___________.
a. found the test item was neither easy nor difficult
b. performed very well against expectation
c. were hard up in that item
d. gained mastery over that item
41. Jose reads WAS for SAW or D for P or B. from his reading behavior, one can say that Jose suffers from ___________.
42. If you want a child to eliminate an undesirable behavior, punish him. This in accordance with Thorndike’s law of ____________.
a. multiple response
43. In which cognitive development stage is a child unable to distinguish between his own perspective and someone else’s?
a. Pre- operational stage
b. Concrete operational stage
c. Sensorimotor stage
d. Formal- operational
44. Which developmental stage is sometimes called the pre- school years?
a. Middle childhood
c. Early childhood
d. Late Infancy
45. According to Piaget’s theory, in which developmental stage can the child do symbolic thinking and go beyond the connection of sensory information and physical action?
a. Pre- operational
b. Concrete operational
c. Formal operational
46. In which competency do the students find greatest difficulty? In the item with the difficulty index of __________.
47. What psychological principle is invoked when a teacher connects the new lesson to the one just completed so that the student may gain a holistic view of the subject?
48. Which teaching method is intended primarily for skill and concept mastery by way of practice?
b. Supervised study
49. What is the possible effect of an overcrowded curriculum?
a. In- depth learning tends to be given greater emphasis
b. Lifelong learning skills tend to be fully developed
c. There is lack of personal analysis and reflection on major concepts
d. There is greater concept of understanding
50. Teacher D begins her lesson with concrete life experiences then leads her students to abstraction. Which method does she employ?
Click the button below to get the correct answers to this set.