LET Reviewer in Professional Education
|LET Reviewer for Professional Education|
PRINCIPLES AND STRATEGIES FOR TEACHING
1. Which of the following objectives state a criterion level of success?
a. heat and water
b. assembles the materials in five minutes
c. answers the questions given in the book
d. differentiates between good and bad materials
2. For advanced pupils, what kind of activity should be given after the lesson is taught?
a. corrective activity
b. interest activity
c. reinforcement activity
d. enrichment activity
3. In leading the students to formulate generalizations, what kind of question should be asked?
a. evaluation question
b. rote- memory question
c. hypothetical question
d. focusing question
4. In order to keep the teacher from talking “too much” without diminishing her role as a guide during the class discussion, which of the following would be appropriated?
a. assign pupils leaders to take charge of the class
b. use some silent signals or non-verbal cues
c. require those who would like to talk to say something
d. talk only if the pupils are ready to listen
5. Which of the following is not true when using the discovery approach?
a. the teacher uses many materials
b. the step in inductive method is used
c. the lesson taught is evaluated
d. the teacher begins the lesson by telling what the students are expected to learn
6. The selection of subject matter in teaching depends on the following sources:
A. The learner, with his emotional, intellectual, and physical needs
B. The environment, both natural and man – made, in which the learner lives
C. The science, especially biology, chemistry, physics, and astronomy, and
D. The total school programs, as it relates to the needs of society for informed citizens, capable of participating in social living.
a. answers A, B, and C
b. answers B, C, and D
c. answers A, C, and D
d. answers A, B, C, and D
7. On the current trends in teaching, the following are given:
A. Greater emphasis on deductive development of concepts and principle through the discovery of problem- solving approach.
B. A shift away teacher demonstration as a prime method of teaching and toward pupil experimentation.
C. A movement toward more pupil- teacher planned experiments and away from simple manipulation directed by detailed instruction.
D. Increased use of audio- visual instructional by small groups or by individual students.
a. answers A, B, and D
b. answers B, C, and D
c. Social Learning
d. Behavioristic Learning
8. Usually, children learn mainly by observation. By doing this, they can get the information they need and incorporate it in the schemata. Which theory of learning is observed?
a. Cognitive learning
b. Humanistic learning
c. Social learning
d. Behavioristic learning
9. By and large educational authorities agree that character is “caught” and not “taught”. What is the rationale for this?
a. Character is generally dependent on reasoning and intelligent thinking
b. Character is inborn and therefore it resists changes
c. Character is generally dependent on what are seen and experienced
d. Character is developed through the process of trial and error
10. Miss X gives this activity to her pupils for ten minutes after the discussion of a lesson to help them transfer new information into long- term memory and relate them with the old lessons. What do you call this activity?
11. If a teacher discovers a mathematically- gifted child in her class, what best arrangements will be observed?
a. provide him with enrichment activities
b. let him teach the slow learners
c. place him in a special class
d. accelerate him to the next grade level
12. Accordingly, one of the disadvantages of the recitation strategy is that it does not encourage understanding of information. How can the teachers improve the strategy?
a. ask many questions about the topic
b. ask thought- provoking questions
c. assign study topics beforehand
d. give students time to think before answering
13. Generally before planning activities and experiences for his class, what would the teacher do first?
a. give a diagnostic test
b. identify the resources of the community
c. consult the principal about his class
d. review the past lesson
14. Which of the following activities should a teacher vide to his pupils who need more practice to learn the skills?
15. If you recall, there are four variables in the teaching learning process: the teacher, the nature of the subject matter, the learner and the
b. materials to use
c. learning process
16. Miss W reviews past lessons before introducing the new. She tries to establish continuity in learning and obviously she upholds s the principle of ___________.
a. cause and effect
17. Logically a teacher delegates some of her responsibilities to the whole class. He has an attendance monitor, pupils in charge of distributing and collecting materials. The teacher is good in
a. classroom management
b. application of theories
c. development of values
d. instructional planning
18. The teacher who maintains disciplines and sustains interest of the student’s in spite of the big number of pupils in her class is said to be skilled in the ______________ aspect of classroom management.
a. group focus
b. movement management
c. with- it
d. overlapping activities
19. All of the following are characteristics of a good question except
a. requires brief and direct answers
b. stimulates students to think
c. calls for straightforward response
d. appropriate to its purpose
20. In solving problems in Mathematics, at times these questions are asked: “What is given? “What is asked?” and “What process will you use?” These type of questions are
b. thought- provoking
21. Logically, how can a teacher maintain the standard of quality and effectiveness of audio- visual materials in her room?
a. by following closely the correct procedure in presenting them
b. by constantly using them whenever possible
c. by having various types of materials
d. by continuously evaluating the revising materials
22. It is stated that audio- visual aids complement teaching to make perception more quickly and clearly. Why?
a. they present programmed information
b. they present multi- sensory experience
c. they provide verbal and symbolic experiences
d. they make information readily available
23. A new teacher wants to prepare instructional material focusing informal activities with goals, rules and rewards. Which of the following can she prepare without necessarily spending money?
14. The first task in the selection of media in teaching is to determine the
a. choice of the students
c. techniques to be used
b. availability of the media
d. strategies and techniques
25. It is accepted practice that in preparing a lesson for a day, the setting of objectives is followed by the selection of _________ to achieve the objectives.
a. activities and references
b. methods and procedures
c. group leaders and members
d. strategies and techniques
26. To you, which of these skills is basic and necessary in all investigate activities of the learners?
27. What is the reason why learning activities should be carefully planned?
a. the accomplishment of the objectives depends on it
b. the learner’s skill and attitudes are developed
c. they are centered In the children’s energies
d. the teacher’s ability to plan is tested
28. Which of the following is manifested if there are available textbooks and materials for every learner?
a. improvement of quality education
b. development of study skills
c. encouragement of the student to study
d. improvement of school and community relation
29. In your new class, you observed that pupils answer even when not called, about “Ma’am” to get your attention, and laugh whenever someone commits mistakes. What should you do to stop this malpractice?
a. involve the whole class in setting rules to conduct for the class
b. write the parents about their children’s misbehavior
c. send the pupils who are misbehaving to the guidance counselor
d. set the rules for the class to observe
30. During a typhoon, your room was one of those damaged and you were advised to hold classes on the stage. What should you do to manage the class?
a. create the most conducive and comfortable setting out of the situation
b. instruct other pupils not to loiter
c. post a sign “Class Going On” so as not to disrupt classes
d. arrange the pupils to the left side of the stage
31. What can you do to adapt yourself to the technological advances in teaching and learning?
a. encourage my co- teachers to make use of them
b. do away with the traditional methods
c. learn and apply the technology
d. be acquainted with the new technology
32. How does the Department of Education respond primarily to the changes occurring in the modern world?
a. by simplifying administrative function
b. by establishing schools in every barangay
c. by modifying the curriculum
d. by giving more emphasis on teacher’s roles
33. Mr. XW provides his class with experience which is abstractions of the real world involving objects, processes or situations with goals, rules and rewards. Obviously, the ___________ approach is used by him.
b. Role Playing
34. Mr. Cruz is tired on his discussion method of teaching, so he tried a new one. The class invited resource persons and after their talks, the class was required to participate. This is called __________.
c. Round table conference
35. What method is used when a large number of imaginative ideas or solutions to open- ended problems are elicited from a group of individuals who are encouraged to expand their thinking beyond the routine sort of suggestions?
a. Buzz session
c. Fish bowl technique
d. Critiquing session
36. What method is resorted to by teachers to students who need more closely monitored practice and drills before they can proceed to other task? Corrective feedback is provided for them to grasp the materials and avoid frustrations?
b. Independent Study
d. Self- directed
37. Miss Santos grouped her class into small group of 3 to 4 members each. Each group was given time to discuss the problems. Reporters from each group presented the solutions to the given problems to the whole class. This technique is called
a. Buzz session
b. Fish Bowl Technique
38. What method is used when a teacher provides various exercises with increasing difficulty to her class and the students are very receptive?
a. story grammar, structural
b. diagnostic perspective
c. multi- level
39. An experienced teacher of the school is requested to assist and help the inexperienced teachers. This strategy is called ____________
a. peer teaching
b. pair teaching
c. peer coaching
d. team teaching
40. Logically, both review and practice are necessary to reinforce retention of what has been learned. The latter is most useful in the
a. changing of attitudes
b. understanding of vague concepts
c. comparisons of concepts learned
d. mastery skills
41. You will be assigned to another school after the second grading period. You will:
a. leave important completed school records to the principal
b. report at once to the principal at the said school
c. ask your co- teacher next to your room to complete your records
d. ask the principal to complete all your records
42. A new co- teacher of yours comes terribly ill and could not teach her class. The principal is not in the school as he is attending a whole day meeting in another district. You will
a. tell her to go home and dismiss her class
b. combine her class to your class
c. refer the matter to the teacher in charge of the school whenever the principal is out
d. ask the assistant principal to teach her class
43. You were required eight hours to work although your official time is only six hours.
a. leave the school when the principal is not watching
b. entertain the principal in her office
c. gossip with your close friends
d. find something useful to do within the school building to complete the required eight hours
44. The barangay chairman needs you to lecture to the barrio youths but you have a class.
a. tell him you cannot make it
b. tell him to look after your class so that you can do what he is requesting
c. bring your class to the Barrio Hall
d. refer matter to your principal for appropriate action
45. This is conflict of procedures to follow and responsibilities and functions as regards the issuance of records in your school. Which of the following will you suggest immediately?
a. a workflow chart
b. organizational chart
c. action office
d. grievance/complaint office
Click the button below to get the correct answers to this set.