|Test Questions - Natural Science|
1. True or false? Sound travels faster through water than air?
2. Water is made up of what two elements?
3. What is another name for a tidal wave?
4. True or false? The Indian Ocean is the biggest ocean on Earth.
5. The solid state of water is known as what?
6. Can the average human survive without water for a few days or a few weeks?
7. True or false? Pure water is tasteless.
8. Nimbus, cumulus and stratus are types of what?
9. True or false? Water is an example of a chemical element.
10. Does water cover more or less than 50% of the Earth’s surface?
11. True or false? Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit).
12. When water is cooled, does it contract or expand?
13. Water freezes at what temperature?
14. True or false? Water is easy to compress.
15. What is the chemical formula of water?
16. The deepest point in all of the world’s oceans is named what?
17. True or false? The consumption of bottled water has risen significantly over the last few decades.
18. Pure water has a pH level of a around what number?
19. What is the longest river on Earth?
20. True or false? Ice sinks in water.
STATE OF MATTER QUIZ
1. When a solid changes to a liquid it is called what?
2. True or false? Liquids are easy to compress.
3. When a gas changes into a liquid it is called what?
4. True or false? The particles of a gas are packed tightly together.
5. When solids reach their melting points they become what?
6. True or false? Plasma is a state of matter.
7. When a gas reaches its condensation point it becomes a what?
8. True or false? Solids do not take the shape of the container they are in.
9. What is it called when a solid changes directly into a gas?
10. True or false? Gases are hard to compress.
1. Which famous scientist introduced the idea of natural selection?
2. A person who studies biology is known as a?
3. Botany is the study of?
4. Can frogs live in salt water?
5. True or false? The common cold is caused by a virus.
6. Animals which eat both plants and other animals are known as what?
7. Bacterial infections in humans can be treated with what?
8. A single piece of coiled DNA is known as a?
9. A group of dog offspring is known as a?
10. The area of biology devoted to the study of fungi is known as?
11. What is the name of the process used by plants to convert sunlight into food?
12. The death of every member of a particular species is known as what?
13. The process of pasteurization is named after which famous French microbiologist?
14. True or false? A salamander is a warm blooded animal?
15. A change of the DNA in an organism that results in a new trait is known as a?
1. Electric current is measured using what device?
2. True or false? Batteries convert chemical to electrical energy.
3. In terms of electricity, what does DC stand for?
4. The wire inside an electric bulb is known as the what?
5. Conductors have a high or low resistance?
6. True or false? The concept of electric fields was first introduced by Albert Einstein.
7. Electric resistance is typically measured in what units?
8. In terms of electricity, what does AC stand for?
9. Electric power is typically measured in what units?
10. True or false? You can extend battery life by storing batteries at a low temperature.
Note: Hover your pointer/cursor on the dark area below to reveal answers.
ANSWERS: NATURAL SCIENCE QUIZ
1. True 2. Hydrogen and oxygen 3. Tsunami 4. False - Pacific Ocean 5. Ice
6. A few days 7. True 8. Clouds 9. False 10. More - Around 70%
11. True 12. Expand 13. 0°C (32°F) 14. False 15. H20
16. Mariana Trench 17. True 18. 7 19. The Nile River 20. False - It floats
1. Melting 2. False 3. Condensation 4. False 5. Liquids
6. True 7. Liquid 8. True 9. Sublimation 10. False
1. Charles Darwin 2. Biologist 3. Plants 4. No 5. True
6. Omnivores 7. Antibiotics 8. Chromosome 9. Litter 10. Mycology
11. Photosynthesis 12. Extinction 13. Louis Pasteur 14. False 15. Mutation
1. Ammeter 2. True 3. Direct current 4. Filament 5. Low
6. False (Michael Faraday) 7. Ohms 8. Alternating current 9. Watts 10. True