The NAPOLCOM (National Police Commission) announced recently that they will conduct the PNP (Philippine National Police) entrance exam. Online application and filing of examination is now open. So if you want to join the PNP, you must have the following requirements if you are taking the exam this year 2016.
PNP is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age, height and educational requirements provided in this page: PNP Application Requirements. Those who passed the PNP exam will be eligible for the appointment to rank of Police Office I (PO1), as prescribed under Section 30 of Republic Act 6975, as amended by RA 8551.
PNP Entrance Exam Schedule 2016
PNP Entrance Exam Online Application 2016
Applicants can apply online using NAPOLCOM Online Examination Application Scheduling System (OLEASS) for the scheduling of filing of applications for the PNP entrance exam and other promotional exam.
Once you have a confirmed scheduled appointment and reference number, you may proceed to the filing of your application at the scheduled date and at the PNP Regional Office. Take note that the Regional Office reserves the right to limit the number of examinees it will accommodate. Acceptance of applications will be on a first-come-first-served basis and may be stopped even ahead of deadline.
How to get a Schedule of Appointment for Filing of Application for the PNP Exam?
Please follow the following procedures.
- Log in to NAPOLCOM Online Application System (OLEASS) and fill out the mandatory fields and tap SUBMIT.
- A Confirmation will appear after successful registration. It also contains your Examination Center.
- Select Print Confirmation Letter button. You must bring this confirmation letter when you file your application at the Regional Office where you will take the exam.
How to File an Application for the PNP Entrance Exam?
Applicant should file his/her application, together with the required supporting documents listed below, on his/her scheduled appointment date personally at the NAPOLCOM regional Office where he/she is assigned to take the exam.
PNP Entrance Exam Application Requirements:
- Printed Confirmation Letter with reference number confirming scheduled appointment
- Duly accomplished Application Form and Index Cards – download here: NAPOLCOM Form 1-A and Index Card.
- 2 recent and identical 1×1 ID photo (colored) with white background and complete name tag (indicate rank before the first, middle and last name if PNP member)
- Police exam fee of P400
- 1 legal size window envelope with P17 worth of mailing stamps
- Transcript of Scholastic Record (with Special Order issued by CHED) and Diploma from CHED-accredited schools, state universities and colleges
- Birth Certificate in Security Paper issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Certified True Copy (CTC) issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by PSA
- For PO1 with temporary appointment, a certified true copy of Attested Appointment, Plantilla Appointment or Special Order
- Qualified applicant will receive a Notice of Admission (NOA) on the day he/she filed his/her application for PNP exam. To confirm status, applicant may verify the NAPOLCOM Regional Office where said application was filed.
PNP Entrance Exam Coverage
The PNP entrance exam is a 3-hour exam with objective types multiple choices with the following coverage:
- Philippine Constitution
- PNP Law and History
- Criminal Justice Systems
- Current Events
- Social Awareness and Value Judgement
- Basic Concepts
- Problem Solving
- Logical Reasoning:
What to Wear on the day of PNP Entrance Exam?
Note that applicants wearing improper attire will not be allowed to enter the examination center. Applicants must wear plain white T-shirt or white Polo shirt, dark pants and shoes.
What to Bring for the PNP Entrance Exam?
- NOA (notice of Admission)
- Pen, pencils and eraser (recommended pencil no. 2)
- Valid ID (with picture, signature and date of birth)
- Most importantly yourself =D (mentally and physically prepared)
PNP Exam Test Centers:
Region - Exam Center
1 - San Fernando City, La Union
2 - Tuguegarao City
3 - San Fernando City, Pampanga
4A - Calamba City
4B - Calapan City
5 - Legazpi City
6 - Iloilo City
7 - Cebu City
8 - Tacloban City
9 - Pagadian City
10 - Cagayan de Oro City
11 - Davao City
12 - Koronadal City
CAR - Baguio City
CARAGA - Butuan
ARMM - Cotabato City
NIR - Bacolod
NCR - Makati City