Majorship LET Reviewer
|LET Reviewer for Biological Science|
PRACTICE TEST IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE
1. Which of the following is not a type of RNA?
a) Messenger RNA (mRNA)
b) Transfer RNA (tRNA)
c) Ribosomal RNA (rRNA)
d) Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA)
Answer: d) Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA)
2. Which of the following is an example of a monosaccharide?
Answer: a) Glucose
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic of prokaryotic cells?
a) They lack a nucleus
b) They are typically smaller in size compared to eukaryotic cells
c) They have membrane-bound organelles
d) They have a cell wall
Answer: c) They have membrane-bound organelles
4. Which of the following is a function of the mitochondria?
a) Protein synthesis
b) Storage of genetic information
c) Production of ATP
d) Transport of substances within the cell
Answer: c) Production of ATP
5. Which of the following is not a function of the liver?
a) Production of bile
b) Detoxification of harmful substances
c) Regulation of blood sugar levels
d) Transport of oxygen to the body's tissues
Answer: d) Transport of oxygen to the body's tissues
6. Which of the following is a characteristic of a dominant allele?
a) It is always expressed in the phenotype
b) It is only expressed in the homozygous state
c) It is masked by a recessive allele
d) It is more common in the population
Answer: a) It is always expressed in the phenotype
7. Which of the following is a type of cell division that results in the formation of two identical daughter cells?
c) Both a and b
d) Neither a nor b
Answer: b) Mitosis
8. Which of the following is not a type of tissue in the human body?
a) Epithelial tissue
b) Muscle tissue
c) Nerve tissue
d) Digestive tissue
Answer: d) Digestive tissue
9. Which of the following is the site of protein synthesis in a eukaryotic cell?
b) Endoplasmic reticulum
c) Golgi apparatus
Answer: a) Ribosome
10. Which of the following is the process by which green plants and some other organisms convert light energy into chemical energy?
Answer: c) Photosynthesis
11. Which of the following is a process by which water is transported through a plant?
Answer: a) Transpiration
12. Which of the following is not a function of the respiratory system?
a) Gas exchange
b) Regulation of body temperature
c) Acid-base balance
d) Sense of smell
Answer: b) Regulation of body temperature
13. Which of the following is a structure that prevents the backflow of blood in veins?
Answer: d) Valve
14. Which of the following is a type of connective tissue that provides support and flexibility to the body?
Answer: a) Bone
15. Which of the following is a type of muscle tissue that is responsible for involuntary movements?
a) Skeletal muscle
b) Smooth muscle
c) Cardiac muscle
d) None of the above
Answer: b) Smooth muscle
16. Which of the following is a type of sensory receptor that is responsible for detecting light?
Answer: b) Photoreceptor
17. Which of the following is a type of neurotransmitter that is responsible for transmitting signals in the nervous system?
Answer: b) Serotonin
18. Which of the following is a type of hormone that is produced by the adrenal gland and helps the body respond to stress?
Answer: d) Cortisol
19. Which of the following is a type of white blood cell that is responsible for fighting infections?
Answer: a) Neutrophil
20. Which of the following is a type of gland that secretes hormones directly into the bloodstream?
a) Exocrine gland
b) Endocrine gland
c) Sebaceous gland
d) Sweat gland
Answer: b) Endocrine gland
21. Which of the following is a process by which a cell engulfs a large particle or another cell?
Answer: c) Phagocytosis
22. Which of the following is a type of symbiotic relationship in which one species benefits and the other is neither helped nor harmed?
Answer: a) Commensalism
23. Which of the following is the correct sequence of events during mitosis?
a) Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase
b) Prophase, anaphase, metaphase, telophase
c) Metaphase, prophase, anaphase, telophase
d) Metaphase, anaphase, prophase, telophase
Answer: a) Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase
24. Which of the following is a type of feedback mechanism that is involved in the regulation of blood sugar levels in the body?
a) Positive feedback
b) Negative feedback
c) Both positive and negative feedback
d) Neither positive nor negative feedback
Answer: b) Negative feedback
25. Which of the following is a process by which cells differentiate into different types of cells during embryonic development?
d) Cell specialization
Answer: d) Cell specialization
Post a Comment