LET Reviewer in Professional Education
|LET Reviewer for Professional Education|
Legal Bases for Philippine Education
1. Values education is offered as a separate subject in the NSEC while value development is ___.
a. emphasized for creativity and productivity
b. integrated with Technology and Home Economics
c. emphasized in Science and Technology
d. integrated in all subject areas
2. By constitutional mandate the state shall exercise reasonable supervision and regulation of all educational institutions. This means that the state may ___.
a. take charge of the administration of educational institutions
b. impose minimum requirements and conditions upon which school may operate
c. set and dictate the policies of private schools
d. Collect taxes from donations or contributions given directly for educational purposes.
3. Rapid technological development facilities transmission of knowledge for educational purposes, whether formal or informal through media technology. This development is called ___.
a. Sine Skwela Technology
b. Mass Media Technology
c. Distance Educational Technology
d. Computer Assisted Technology
4. Institutions of learning are required to meet the minimum standards for state recognition but are encouraged to set higher standards of quality over and above the minimum through ____ as provided in Educational Act of 1982.
a. life-long education
b. voluntary accreditation
c. formal education
d. academic freedom
5. Which of the following is NOT provided in Education Act of 1940?
a. the national support of elementary education
b. the double-single session plan in the elementary schools
c. the six-year elementary course
d. vocational education in the public schools
6. The primary objective in the regionalization of the educational system is to ___.
a. encourage the undertaking of language researches in various regions
b. take into account local needs and condition and encourage local development planning
c. get assurance that all educational policies are implemented nationwide
d. promote quality education at all levels and in all communities of the country
7. These are also known as “combination classes” organized in barrios/barangays where the required number of pupils of the same grade levels has not met the required number to make a separate class thus the teacher apportions class time for instruction to every grade level within class. These are ____.
a. extension classes
b. heterogeneous classes
c. multi-grade classes
d. homogenous classes
8. Which policy of the State does the National Secondary Assessment Test (NSAT) enhance?
a. the coordination of functions and activities of education institutions
b. the evaluation of the graduates of secondary schools
c. the offering of scholarships to deserving students
d. the maintenance of the highest quality of education
9. To fight illiteracy, the 1987 Constitution mandates that the state shall maintain a system of free education in elementary and high school. Further it provides that ___.
a. elementary education should be compulsory for all children of school age
b. formal and nonformal education should be compulsory
c. elementary and high school education should be compulsory
d. education at all levels should be compulsory
10. According to the Constitution, the State is required to establish and maintain free public and compulsory education in the ____.
a. elementary level only
b. secondary level
c. secondary and tertiary levels
d. elementary and secondary levels
11. The recognition of teachers as persons in authority was conferred to them during the ___.
a. Spanish rule
b. Japanese regime
c. American rule
d. Commonwealth government
12. Section V, Article XIV of the 1986 Constitution provides that the State shall assign the highest budgetary priority to education to ____
a. encourage teacher to conduct more researchers and studies on the arts and culture
b. ensure that all schools are provided with modern equipment and facilities
c. attack the best available talents through adequate remuneration
d. curtail the exodus of the teachers seeking employment abroad
13. The primary objective of bilingual education is to prepare the learners to be ____.
a. proficient in Filipino and eight major dialects
b. globally competitive
c. proficient in English and another foreign language
d. proficient in both Filipino and English
14. According to Magna Carta for Teachers, a teacher assigned to a school ten or more kilometers from the poblacion without regular means of transportation to reach, is entitle to ___.
a. a hardship allowance of 25 percent of the monthly salary as additional compensation
b. an additional compensation of 50 percent of the monthly salary
c. service credits of one day for every five days of service during the whole year
d. the privilege of teaching only four days a week
15. Professionalization of teachers and teaching as promulgated in Presidential Decree No. 1006, defines teaching as profession concerned with classroom institution ____.
a. by teachers on full-time basis
b. at the tertiary level in both public and private institutions
c. at the elementary and secondary levels in both public and private schools
d. by teachers of permanent status
16. The Educational Act of 1982 expressly granted institutions of higher learning the freedom to determine on academic grounds that shall be admitted to study, who may teach and what shall be the subjects of study and research. This refers to ____.
a. academic freedom
b. constitutional freedom
c. educational freedom
d. institutional freedom
17. In the Preamble of the Code of Ethics for Professional Teachers, which of the following teacher descriptions is included in the Code of Ethics for Professional Teachers?
a. Persons of dignity and reputation
b. Duly licensed professional
c. With satisfactory teaching performance
d. Passed the licensure exams for teachers
18. In a DECS Memorandum issued last 1998, the new name of multi-grade is ___.
a. paaralan ng buhay
b. friendly school
c. escuela nueva
d. school of the future
19. The encouragement of self-learning, independent, and out-of-school study programs as stated in the 1987 Constitution has given rise to ___.
a. the clamor for a Grade VII
b. the conduct of NEAT and NSAT
c. the implementation of open universities and distance learning programs
d. institutionalization of early childhood care and development
20. The 1987 Philippine Constitution states the following EXCEPT –
a. The National language of the Philippines is Filipino
b. The official language of the Philippines are Filipino and English
c. Filipino is the Tagalog of the Tagalog speaking provinces
d. The government shall initiate and sustain the use of Filipino as medium of official communication and as a language of instruction in the education system
21. A presidential body to study Philippines Education created by virtue of Executive Order No. 46 during the incumbency of DECS Secretary Andrew Gonzales with an aim to study Philippine Education is the ___.
a. Presidential Commission on Educational Reform
b. Commission on Philippine Education
c. Survey Outcomes of Elementary Education
d. Philippine Commission to Survey Philippine Education
22. The Constitutional provision on language has the following aims EXCEPT –
a. to make the regional dialect as auxiliary media of instructions in regional schools
b. to maintain English as a second language
c. to make Filipino the sole medium of instruction
d. to make Filipino the national language and medium of instruction and official communication
23. The introduction of non-formal education in life with the Constitution provision on ___.
a. protection of teachers
b. promoting the rights of all citizens to make quality education accessible to all
c. acceptance, affection and achievement
d. affection, ability, attitudes
24. With regards to business, which does the Code of Ethics say about teachers?
a. a teacher shall maintain a good reputation with respect to debts, loans and other financial matters
b. no teacher shall be financially interested in any commercial venture involving textbooks and other school commodities where he/she can exercise official influence
c. no teacher shall act as an agent of textbooks and other school commodities where he/she can exercise official influence
d. a teacher may not engage in any kind of business
25. Which is ethical for a teacher to do in a situation where he/she falls in love with a student or when a student falls in love with his/her teacher?
a. the teacher advises the student to discontinue with his/her studies
b. the teacher resigns from his/her teaching job
c. the teacher avoids that learner
d. the teacher exercises discretion to avoid scandal and gossip and preferential treatment of that learner
Click the download button below to download this practice set with answers in PDF format.
Post a Comment