LET Reviewer in Professional Education
|LET Reviewer for Professional Education|
1. How can a teacher enhance his/her questioning technique for an effective teacher-student interaction?
B. You may answer your own question if no one can answer
C. Allow sufficient “think time,” at least 7 to 10 seconds
D. Extend wait time until the students respond
2. A teacher who advocates the pragmatic philosophy of education believes that experience should follow learning thus she has to?
A. Equip her students with basic skills and abilities
B. Encourage her students to memorize facts
C. Provide her students opportunities to apply their skills and abilities.
D. Require her students mastery of the lesson
3. Respect for honest differences of opinions is one objective of:
A. Human relationship
C. Civic responsibility and conscience
D. Economic self sufficiency
4. In mastery learning, the definition of an acceptable standard of performance is called
C. Criterion measure
5. Teacher Luke clears his throat to communicate disapproval of a student’s behavior. Which specific influence technique is this?
A. Proximity control
B. Interest boosting
C. Signal interference
D. Direct appeal
6. Which is the first step in planning an achievement test?
A. Select the type of test items to use.
B. Decide on the length of the test..
C. Define the instructional objective
D. Build a table of specification
7. Which may NOT be a benefit derived from the use of graphic organizers?
A. Make relationships among detail clear
B. Enable students to identify important ideas and details
C. Strengthen team work
D. Represent stated information in concrete form
8. Rights which cannot be renounced or transferred because they are necessary for the fulfillment of man’s primordial obligations are called
A. Perfect rights
B. Alienable rights
C. Acquired rights
D. Inalienable rights
9. Principal Miguel shares this thought with his teachers: "Subject matter should help students understand and appreciate themselves as unique individuals who accept complete responsibility for their thoughts, feelings, and actions." From which philosophy is this thought based?
10. Standard deviation is to variability as mean is to __________.
A. coefficient of correlation
B. central tendency
C. discrimination index
D. level of difficulty
11. How can a teacher establish the reliability of a test?
1) Repeat the same test
2) Administer a parallel test
3) Split the test
4) Vary the number of items
A. 1, 2 and 3
B. 1, 3 and 4
C. 1 and 4 only
D. 2 and 4 only
12. On which policy is R.A. 4670 known as the Magna Carta for Public Teachers focused?
A. Right to establish or join an organization
B. Code of ethics for professional teachers
C. Recruitment shall take place after training
D. Promotion and improvement of social and economic status of public school teachers
13. The 19th century saw the development of state controlled and state supported public school system. Existing ideology was the concept of national sovereignty. Under a democracy, education equips citizens with the principles and duties of citizenship to guarantee national stability. Such is the ideology of __________.
14. The following are the characteristics of a good teaching/learning practice EXCEPT?
A. Students are governed by fixed and rigid standards.
B. Life-like situations introduced as learning experience in the classroom.
C. Students are given more opportunity to act or experience learning.
D. Evaluation is made as an integral part of teaching procedures.
15. Which of the following is NOT a principle of development?
A. Development follows an orderly, predictable sequence
B. Numerous studies show how individuals develop
C. Early development is more critical than later development
D. Social expectations influence development in early stage
16. Which questioning technique would be appropriate for inductive lessons?
A. Use questions requiring only memory responses
B. Expect participation only among the more motivated students
C. Involve students actively in the questioning process
D. As teacher, you ask no questions
17. What principle is reflected when a teacher always provides for the development of all essential knowledge manipulative skills and attitudes?
A. Principle of needs
B. Principle of balance
C. Principle of unity
D. Principle of organization
18. A teaching method proceeds from the details of a lesson towards generalization is called:
D. Problem solving
19. To accomplish many good activities in a particular class period, the teacher must
A. Add curricular activities
B. Provide unique teaching aids
C. Institute a systematic plan
D. Use expensive materials
20. One way to encourage students who lack in reading to love reading is to:
A. Reprimand him
B. Ask the students to buy books
C. Provide reading materials
D. Isolate him
21. Which of the following style or technique would make the teacher a good classroom manager – teacher with eyes at the back of the head?
A. Give your students the “head to toe” look when angry
B. Uses eye contact technique with your students
C. Fear and fight dominates the classroom atmosphere
D. Being aware of all the actions and activities in the classroom
22. The sociogram reveals that four students is your class formed a “clique”. This means that the teacher should:
A. Allow them to be together all the time
B. Encourage them to join other groups
C. Discourage them from joining other groups
D. Disband the group
23. Parents negatively react to the inclusion of play in children’s curriculum. A teacher who knows the importance of play would tell the parents that __________?
A. Playing is important in the child’s cognitive development
B. Playing is a good form of exercise
C. Playing gives children pleasure
D. Playing is a stage of child’s development
24. The ability to perceive how objects are related in order to mentally perceive what is seen, thus creating concrete visual images from memory refers to
A. Visual spatial intelligence
B. Musical intelligence
C. Linguistic intelligence
D. Logical reasoning intelligence
25. The most important criterion in test construction is
A. Preparation of table of specifications
B. Congruency of the items with objectives
C. Stem should contain the central problem
D. Options should be of almost the same length
Click the download button below to download this practice set with answers in PDF format.