Majorship LET Reviewer
|LET Reviewer for Biological Science|
1. Which type of cytoskeletal structure is involved in flagella formation?
b. Intermediate filament
2. Compounds with the same chemical formula but with different structural formula are called _____________.
b. double stranded
3. Which are small, irregularly-shaped cells without nuclei but are rich in ATP?
4. Why can an eighty-seven percent (87%) salt solution keep a frog tissue alive for observation? Because its osmotic pressure is
a. less than that of the cell
b. equal to that of the cell
d. greater than that of the cell
5. What type of muscle tissue lines hollow structures like ducts and blood vessels that contracts involuntarily?
6. Which characteristic of cancer cells differentiates them from normal cells?
a. Cancer cells continue to divide even when they are tightly packed
b. Cancer cells are unable to synthesize DNA
c. Cancer cells undergo indirect cell division
d. The cell cycle of cancer cells is arrested in the S phase
7. Studying the characteristic structure and functions of all kinds of cells entails investigations in _____________.
8. How many ATP molecules are produced via oxidative phosphorylation when one (1) mole of glucose is degraded into carbon dioxide and water?
9. Which of the following exemplifies phagocytic feeding?
a. Red blood cells
d. White blood cells
10. Which tissue in all vascular plants has food transport as its main function?
11. Which is the 3-carbon sugar formed during the dark reaction phase of photosynthesis?
12. A leaf could be identified either as dicot or monocot by _____________.
a. pressing whether soft or hard
b. looking at the shape and size
c. examining venation
d. looking at the stomata
13. Which hormone stimulates the growth of lateral buds and sprouts on branches of trees?
c. Abscissic acid
14. “Leaf fall” which regularly occurs during winter months, resulting in the separation of layers near the base of the petiole is a condition called _____________.
a. annual sheds
15. Which part of a seed appears as a scar which marks the entry of the pollen tube during fertilization?
16. Which of the following is a part of the process of chemiosmosis?
a. Build up of hydrogen ion concentration
b. Absorption of light energy by chloroplasts
c. Movement of electrons through membranes
d. Splitting of water molecules
17. During the light-reaction phase of photosynthesis, the addition of the phosphate group with the aid of sunlight is called _____________.
b. carbohydrate synthesis
c. ribulose formation
d. electron transfer
18. Common shrubs like gumamela and bougainvilleas reproduce asexually by _____________.
a. spore formation
d. vegetative propagation
19. In vascular plants, which type of tissue is responsible for the secondary growth in stems and roots?
c. Palisade layer
d. Dermal layer
20. What type of root system is found among grass and other lower plants?
21. Which biome grows tropical grassland with scattered individual trees and large herbivores?
22. Which are correctly paired according to their functions?
a. Xylem and cambium
b. Root hair and meristem
c. Lenticel and stomata
d. Phloem and vascular ray
23. The stems/trunks of dicotyledonous plants grow wide in diameter due to the presence of the _____________________.
a. dermal layer
d. cambium layer
24. What are the usual reactions of leaves and roots of plants to conditions in the environment?
1-Phototropism : 2-Thigmotropism : 3-Geotropism : 4-Chemotropism
a. 2 and 4
b. 1 and 3
c. 2 and 3
d. 1 and 4
25. Who experimented on the gas released during photosynthesis and what gas did he find out?
a. Robert Mayer, nitrogen
b. Jan Helmont, oxygen
c. Joseph Priestly, oxygen
d. Jean Senebier, hydrogen
26. By what type of process does a severed portion of a starfish grow into a full starfish?
a. through sex cells
b. bud formation
c. vegetative propagation
27. What is the common reaction of protozoans to an acidic substance like vinegar?
c. No reaction
28. The diverticulum of the esophagus is for temporary storage of food as in a bird’s ___.
29. How can we differentiate an arthropod from annelids?
a. An arthropod has a segmented body; an annelid has non segmented body.
b. Some arthropods have wings; an annelid has legs.
c. An arthropod has exoskeleton; an annelid has endoskeleton.
d. An arthropod has jointed legs; an annelid has none.
30. What do we call the ability of young ducklings to imitate the way their mother duck walks?
31. Birds shed off feathers at least once a year through the process called _________.
32. Which of the following feature of echinoderms like the starfish consists of a system of internal canals extending to the surface?
a. Wall perforations
b. Hydrostatic system
c. Tube feet system
d. Water-vascular system
33. Which animal belongs to the order PRIMATES?
34. A mother bird partially digests the food and places an amount into the young’s beak. This process is called __________.
a. external digestion
c. feeding dependence
35. The photoreceptor units found in the compound eyes of insects are called ________.
b. visual nerve
d. visual stimulators
36. According to the geologic history of life on earth, during which era did mammals appear?
37. Which of the following is NOT thought to be an ancestor of humans?
38. What organ assists the fish to float in their habitat?
a. Air sacs
b. Air bladder
c. Gall bladder
d. Dorsal aerators
39. What chemical controls metamorphosis among insects?
40. Mammals experience a very minimal change in their body temperature as they move from a warm location to an extremely cold place because they are ___________.
41. What emergency hormone increases the supply of sugar and oxygen in the blood for more energy?
42. If bone has osteocytes, skin has _____________.
43. What is the recent technology being used now in the surgery of the retina?
a. CT scan
44. What may happen with the carbon dioxide concentration in the blood if you hold your breath for half a minute? The carbon dioxide concentrations will ____________.
c. remains the same
45. Which of the following vitamins is needed for the clotting factor synthesis?
46. Damaged blood vessels are repaired by __________.
47. Which muscle disorder accounts for skeletal muscle tissue degeneration that causes a person to experience progressive weakness?
48. Which of the following vitamins is needed for erythrocytes production?
49. When erythrocytes are found in the urine, the condition is diagnosed as ________.
50. Which part of our body serves as a lever, a kind of simple machine?
b. Spinal Cord
thank you for all the things that you shared for the betteer future of other peopleReplyDelete
hi, thanks for these helpful materials. May i ask for answer keys for bio science 1,2,3,8,9,10? thanks a lot!ReplyDelete